SwimSafe Qld is a mobile pool and spa maintenance and repairs service run by experienced owner/operator Lawrence Ziliotto, who lives in Maleny with his "four spirited children". Lawrence is a busy man, due to his exceptional customer service, but we managed to keep him still long enough to ask a few questions for the HT Let's Talk Business page!
1. What made you move to the hinterland? Or, if you grew up in the area, what makes you stay?
A lifestyle change from living in North Queensland.
2. What did you do before running this business?
I owned Pristine Pools in Townsville for five years. Prior to working in the pool service/maintenance business, I was working my trade as a boilermaker.
3. What does a 'typical' day entail for you?
Servicing and maintaining pools around the hinterland and Sunshine Coast. Installing or repairing pool equipment..I also do pool safety inspections as I'm a qualified certifier.
4. What do you enjoy the most about your business?
I always enjoy meeting new customers and catching up with existing customers. Learning about and testing out new products is useful as well.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spending time with my four kids is great, and I play and coach soccer for the Maleny Rangers Football Club. By the way, registrations are now open for the 2023 season! (malenyrangerssoccer.com)
6. If you had to share any advice connected to your business, what would it be?
Don't forget your pool in winter, maybe reduce servicing but don't cancel altogether, as it could cost you more to get it back ready for the next summer!
Also, remember to check pricing and that you are getting a good price and exceptional service for your servicing and chemicals.
7. Do you have a favourite quote which inspires you?
Always deliver more than expected - Larry Page, co-founder of Google.
Free quotes available from SwimSafeQld.com.au/0448 793148